Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

16th brithday quilt


My name is Wendi and Ive decided to start a blog about all my sewing projects. Growing up I was forced to do sewing projects so I decided that I hated sewing. But now an adult and away from being forced intos sewing I have met new friends that are really into sewing and quilting. SO I am now a sewer! I just started about a year ago so I cant do super difficult projects but I have so much fun and it helps me when I need a break from everyday life. I dont think I could finish a single project without my sewing sidekicks and I can NOT sew/cut straight to save my life. But I feel like this gives your project a personality that only you can give ;)

For my sisters 16th birthday I made her a quilt with all her favorite colors. It took a total of 4 months and was a farely simple design. But with school I needed something tgat wouldnt take a horribly long time. It was stressful with the amount of colors I chose. you have to make sure you dont have a lot of the same color o block next to eachother.

here are a few photos I have of the quilt!
The back (soft minky)

being quilted!

close up of the pattern

my sister and her friend with the quilt


Throw pillows/pillow cases that match the quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment