Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Taking a break

So I havent done any sewing in about a week. So I've decided I would let you know a little more about myself and what this blog is all about!
              I wanted a place to put all my projects rather than just posting them on facbook. I've always loved doing crafty things. I grew up with a mom who catered and was in did multiple parties. I've always loved going with her and looking at all the different ideas and decorations.
             For all of you out there who are saying thats all fine and dandy but im not a creative person. Knock it off! Im telling you, you can do it! I have been sewing for about a year and I still can't sew straight. Right now my biggest thing is sewing but I do other things as well. I've been trying to get back into scrapbooking and I LOVE to bake! In fact in the next week I will be making 3 different birthday cakes/cupcakes! I'm making devils food cupcakes with a chocolate cream cheese filling and a butter cream frosting, a spice cake with cream cheese frosting, and red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and chocolate garnish. (yes I love cream cheese frosting ;))
          Another thing I will be working on for the next two weeks is a birthday present for my niece who is turning 4! I think what I'm going to do is make a fabric paper doll with some fabric I have and then make little outfits that velcrow to her. or I have some Dora fabric I would like to make something with. I'm not quite sure yet...
        I would love more, I could talk all day about sewing and myself but my beautiful nieces are over so im going to spend some time with them :)



and yes I know my thought process is all over the place sorry its one of my biggest flaws :p

1 comment:

  1. The cupcakes sound yummy--I love to bake, too. My daughter's birthday is this Saturday, so I'll be baking a cake for the party.

    ReplyDelete